New EdgeMax™ in-ceiling premium loudspeakers combine the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers. Debuting an entirely new product category, EdgeMax loudspeakers feature proprietary Bose® PhaseGuide® technology, which provides room-filling coverage while improving overall sound quality compared to the performance of conventional ceiling loudspeakers.
Designed for mounting near wall boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers project high-frequency sound throughout rooms up to 20 m (65 feet) wide using only perimeter mounting locations, and can effectively cover an area that would require up to four conventional ceiling loudspeakers. EdgeMax loudspeakers can eliminate the need for ceiling speakers mounted in the center of rooms, or surface-mount loudspeakers mounted on walls. And because of their unique design and consistent coverage pattern, EdgeMax loudspeakers reduce the total number of in-ceiling loudspeakers required, enabling installers to move efficiently through the installation, creating great-looking and great-sounding end results. Additionally, EdgeMax loudspeakers produce excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music, making them ideal for retail, commercial, educational and conferencing applications.
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are available with two different horizontal coverage patterns. The EdgeMax EM90 model provides nominal 90-degree horizontal coverage and is intended for in-ceiling mounting near room corners. The EdgeMax EM180 model provides nominal 180-degree horizontal coverage and is intended for in-ceiling mounting near wall boundaries centered along target coverage zones. Both models feature 75-degree asymmetrical vertical coverage, optimized for ceiling heights between 2.4 m and 6.1 m (8 and 20 feet).
Key features of EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers:
- PhaseGuide technology provides a unique asymmetrical vertical pattern for room-filling coverage when mounting near wall-ceiling boundaries
- Provides improved room visual appearance for demanding interior designs by eliminating center-of-ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeakers
- High-frequency compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 70/100V transformer
- New auto-hold, spring-loaded mounting arms for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically-attached grille for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- Coverage pattern similar to a surface-mount loudspeaker, enables stereo designs
- UL1480A listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation
Universal Material Numbers and SAP Product DescriptionModel
Name Material Number Windchill/SAP Product Description
EM90 778844-0210 EDGEMAX EM90 IN CEILING LDSPKR WHT
EM180 777189-0210 EDGEMAX EM180 IN CEILING LDSPKR WHT
– 790054-0010 EDGEMAX EM90/180 ROUGH-IN PAN PAIR
– 788330-0110 EDGEMAX EM90/180 BLACK GRILLE SNGL
Product Line Model Category Descriptor
EdgeMax™ EM90 in-ceiling premium loudspeaker
EdgeMax™ EM180 in-ceiling premium loudspeaker